Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Why do we spell Wednesday like this, but when we pronounce it, leave out a few letters?

The title has no real meaning today, except to make you think a little... So I had my speech 101 final this morning and wow, was it a doozie... yeah. Brandon and I thought it would be cool and funny if we went before the final and ate breakfast at the bowling alley... We pulled into the parking lot and mutually agreed that it was slightly creepy, so we ventured back across town and dined at the local McDonalds. Today, I find out when I get to go play "Confirmation" for Dr. C and possibly get into Jazz Band, I'm both excited and a little nervous about it. I'm excited because I want to show him that I can prepare a Charlie Parker solo in one day, but I'm nervous because I have probably been missing some important accidental or ornamental thing... I love The Bird, but good Lord! Maybe if I had a little crack to smoke I could pick up my sax and poop out some musical gold... or not. (BTW - I wasn't saying that I'm interested in drugs, just that Parker was known for his drug use and some people attribute his musical ability to his drug intake. I think however, that the drugs most likely hindered his ability if anything. There, I'm done now.) I'm also a little excited for my Music Theory final, probably because I did fairly well on the pre-final test covering everything from midterm until now. I'm one of those weird people who actually enjoys Music Theory, not to the point of wanting to make a career out of writing theory books or anything, but I just think that understanding the mechanics of anything helps me more when it comes to actually performing a task. Finally, I'm excited because I get to see a few people over break that I haven't seen in too long. Mainly Mr. Mike Jacobs. The last day I saw him was July 9th, 2005 when I dropped him off at the Sioux Falls Regional Airport to leave for Biloxi, Mississippi. I'm also looking forward to seeing Ashley, who went to Boston U, and I have not seen since at least August. Oh yeah, that Adam Barrett kid is coming back too.... (Just kidding Adam - I'm gonna be happy to see you too. [I guess]).

Oh yes, I just about forgot... I'm supposed to do this tag thingy:

Ground Rules: The First player of this "game" starts with the topic "5 weird habits of yourself", and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their 5 strange habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says, "You are tagged" in their online journal and tell them to read yours.

1. I'm obsessed with the United States Postal Service...
- From the vanilla-like smell of Priority(R) tape, to filling out customs forms, I really really enjoy mailing things.
2. I like to take things apart...
- Ever since I was a child, I've gotten a thrill out of opening stuff up, especially electronics. I once completely disassembled my saxophone as well, but that story is for another day.
3. I am a "Sticker Picker"...
- I cannot stand a sticker on an object when it doesn't need to be there.
4. In relation to #3, I love Goo Gone(R)...
- After I remove a sticker, if there is residue left over I reach for some Goo Gone. Aside from its delicious orange scent, it removes just about anything from everything.
5. I suffer from acute pyromania...
- Ask anyone who went to the 1st Annual Sheet Guys, Snausages, Convention knows this - I love to set things ablaze. The members of our camping party we probably very close to death multiple times due to improperly handled stove fuel.

I tag... Brandon, Sam, Amy, Ashley and Serena.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so i know what you are talking about, mr. pyromaniac, about your obsession with setting things on fire...can't wait until the second annual sheet guys black hills snausages convention 2006!

oh...and i think you missed a weird habit about yourself...adding (R) and (TM) to anything copyrighted...

good luck on confirmation!